Establishing A Self-Care RoutineWednesday, October 26, 2016
As salaamu alaikum and happy Wednesday!
It's almost the end of the week and you're probably a little happy about that! A lot of us are normally excited for the week to end so that we can truly relax. But, why do you have to wait until the end of the week to de-stress and relax?
It's time to stop waiting on Friday as the only day to unwind.
I made myself a list of things that I want to do to better take care of my mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.
It is time to start a self-care routine! It is hard out here on these mommy streets and so waiting for Friday is just not acceptable anymore.
So I decided to be proactive this October and going into November with this list I came up with.
But first how do you develop a routine?
From what I've read you should:
- Write it out - what do you want to do
- Accountability- let someone know what you are going to do and let them be a reminder of it
- Develop a supportive crew - you need people to help you when you fall and remind you why you are doing this in the first place
- Pray - pray on it and ask Allaah for the success and the benefit from it all
- Go for it - stop waiting for the perfect moment and just jump after you completed your list
- no sugar
- eat organic only
- get more sleep
- du'aa more