Everyone is too busy with their responsibilities to even think of a date night, right?
No matter if you are married with children, you still have opportunities to have an awesome date night with the hubster.
We just have to be a tad bit more creative then most folks. Which is no problem here at Mariam Poppins.
Date night doesn't have to be your typical "date night." What do I mean by this? What I mean is, you don't have to have a sitcom date night for it to be considered an actual date.
Start thinking outside of the box ladies!
A red rose, your best hijab, and a expensive restaurant is not the only way to go about having a date night.
Here are 7 ideas to get you started In shaa Allaah!
1. Dinner & a lecture: When you put the children to sleep and finish making the prayers for the day. Consider a dinner for two while listening to a beneficial lecture. The normal dinner idea in the dunya is "dinner & a movie" ...we don't recommend that. If you want a beneficial date, and bring the hearts closer - then definitely do this idea! You don't even have to wear your best hijab! Try wearing something you normally would wear if you wasn't wearing hijab and you was going out on a date. Spice of your marriage and learn your deen all in one go! Win win!
2. Candlelight & Small Talk (that means a lot!): Again when all of the children are asleep. Take some time to sit together and get to know each other all over again. In this type of conversation you don't talk about bills, past issues, stress of the day etc. Light a candle in your bedroom, and stare him in the eyes and get to know him better. Make your intentions and go for it. This is an opportunity to truly get to know him in a manner that you would have in the dunya. You know when you first meet a guy, you want to know about their dreams, ideas, goals, hopes, and aspirations? Umm..then you marry that guy, and we tend to forget that "that guy" still has hopes, dreams, goals, ideas etc. So make some small talk that means a lot and get to know each other all over again.
3. Game Night -Study Together: Nothing makes a woman or a man more attractive then reading & studying this deen. When a man takes the time to lead his household in accordance to the Qur'aan & Sunnah, it will make you want to love him forever! But to add a little fun, turn it into a game night for a party of two. Make game night dishes (buffalo wings, chicken tenders, sauces and other little finger foods) and play Islaamic games. You can make game cards based off the 10 Nullifiers of Islaam and you guys can take turns answering questions and eating good food! Game on!
4. Snugglefest Kit: That's right ladies, nothing says romance like holding each other and just being in the moment. Get your snuggle on with your fav guy in the world and appreciate each other. Make a kit specifically for this snuggle affair. In this kit you can include: assorted chocolates, non alcoholic bubbly and some Qur'aan. Eat chocolate, while listening to Qur'aan and snuggling.... it's the best!
5. Spa For Two: Nothing says romance like after a long days work the two of you giving each other the spa treatment. A spa for two should include the following:
*And two loving people
Its affordable, its in the comfort of your home, and it's a cool date night idea when you are married with children and have no babysitter
6. Electricity off & Date Night On: This is the time where you forgo your electricity and put some candles on. No phones, no computers, no lights - just you and him. This is the date where you two will eat dinner by candlelight, and use your creativity to fashion remember-able moments. Tell jokes, have fun! You don't have to take everything so seriously. Tell "camp-fire" stories and have a good laugh.
Play board games and catch up on old times.
7. Sit outside and stare at the stars: When the house is asleep the two of you should go outside and sit. Gaze at the stars and marvel at Allaah's creation. Hold hands and relax. If you want, then eat dinner outside or have a late night picnic. With the spring weather coming around, it's really nice to sit outside and enjoy the weather with the love of your life.
Ok ladies what ideas do you have?
Who said romance after children is dead?
🌸Homemaker. Bullet Journalist. Artist. My joy is helping others, while making things in life look pretty 🌸