Yaaaayyyyyy! Go You!!
You are pretty awesome!
How often do you root your friends on, but leave yourself out?
We are awesome cheerleaders for our friends, family members, and even complete strangers. It's time to show yourself you are TEAM YOU!
Here seven awesome ways to start being TEAM YOU!
1. Respect yourself: I mean if you don't respect yourself, how can you truly be team you? Respect yourself as a woman, as a person, and as a Muslimah. Stop putting yourself down, and show yourself some love. When you love yourself, then it is easy to respect yourself. If you respect yourself, you will try to make good & healthy decisions. Having respect for yourself bleeds into so many other things that will prove positive in your life In shaa Allaah. You will dress a certain way, talk a certain way, and carry yourself in a certain way. RESPECT YOURSELF!
2. Daily affirmations: You are an important person! Own it! Stand in the mirror and say positive things about yourself. "Today I'm going to shine In shaa Allaah" "I'm special and I love myself."
We spend a lot of time putting ourselves down and telling ourselves we can't do something. Start saying you can vs. you can't. We give ourselves 20 reasons why we can't do something and then it gets stuck in our head. Let's do the opposite!
3. Find the positive crew: Surround yourself with people that are going to lift you up and not put you down. Don't be around the negative folks who want to tell you why you can't do something. Some people are simply toxic. They are bad for your health and your morale. TEAM YOU means you care about who you surround yourself with.
4. Pat yourself on the back: You homeschooled without locking your kiddo in the closet (lol I'm not saying that you should do that). Al Hamdulillaah pat you on the back! You kept your cool when a sister didn't acknowledge your presence. I mean - stop being so hard on yourself and start telling yourself you did a good job. Al Hamdulillaah you did well today.
5. Practice Islaam with all your heart. Giving over 100%: Don't wrong yourself by practicing this deen half way. Go hard. Live it. It's the best way of life. Love yourself enough to give this way of life all you got. You got one shot, give it your all.
6. Do a gratitude journal: I really recommend sisters start journaling. It will help keep you grounded. It really can be an uplifting experience. Allaah may bless you with a peace of mind. Write every night before you go to sleep how Allaah has blessed you. I'm interested in doing this.
7. Take a compliment:
Sister so and so: "You look nice in that hijab."
You: "Oh this is old. I don't think it looks so nice but thanks."
Switch it up a little. Actually, take the compliment and thank the person. It's ok to take a compliment. It's not cool to always put yourself down.
Yes, you can look pretty, whether it is in something old or new. Al Hamdulillaah!
Don't count your compliment out!
My daughter just said to me a day ago: "Ummi why do you say bad things about yourself?"
I was taken back! What did I say about myself badly? I said to her: "I didn't know I talk bad about myself."
She said: "When we tell you, you look nice you say something like 'Thanks but I need to change my clothes.'"
I realized I don't take the compliments and I told her thanks for letting me know and that I'm going to stop doing that and start saying 'Thank you.'
Embrace your compliments.
🌸Digital artist, children’s book illustrator, planner & journaling enthusiast 🌸