Thanks for stopping by friends!
Very soon we will by the mercy and permission of Allaah have reached another Ramadhaan Al Hamdulillaah. While there are some of us who have passed on from this life and started their travel to the next, we are blessed to still be here and to worship The Creator. Al Hamdulillaah. May Allaah forgive us all for our sins and make us better Muslims. During Ramadhaan I strive my best to make all post centered around this blessed month as it is a blessed guest and I am to be a good host.
Today I want to talk about ways you can fill your home with love for Ramadhaan.
Ramadhaan is a beautiful month, full of hope and mercy. It is a time for the hearts to soften, for the du'aas to increase, for the love to spread, for the charity to be given freely, and to forgive and make amends. It is a time full of love and mercy.
As the lady of the house it is the time to fill the home with the love for Ramadhaan. It is our time to show the inhabitants of the home what Ramadhaan is and what it means. This is a big responsibility and we should accept it and live it wholeheartedly.
There are several ways you can fill your home with the love for Ramadhaan.
1. Words. Let your words be filled with beneficial reminders and modest talk. Use this time to remind the children about Allaah and how Merciful He is and how amazing He is. Share with them stories of the Prophets (May Allaah bless them Allaah Aameen) and show them that these people are the best examples and best role models. Speak kindness and speak love. Refrain from backbiting and slander. Keep your mouth from forming bad/negative things. Speak the truth and keep your mouth remembering Allaah by saying the takbir and tasbeeh.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
“Whoever believes in Allah and the Last day then let him speak good or remain silent”
Bukhaari & Muslim
And the Messenger of Allah – صلى الله عليه و سلم -said
“A good word is charity”
Saheeh Al Jaami’ As Sagheer: Al-Albani
“The majority of sins of the children of Aadam (عليه الصلاة و السلام) are because of his tongue.”
Saheeh Al Jaami’ As Sagheer: Al-Albani
2. Listen. Fill your home with Qur'aan recitation and lectures. Refrain from movies and music. Your home should have Qur'aan playing often or you know how to recite then recite often. Let your family hear the Qur'aan. This is the month where the hearts should reflect and focus on the words of Allaah.
It is reported that Jibreel used to meet with the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam) during each night of Ramadaan and they would study the Qur’aan together.  So if making thikr (remembrance of Allaah) were better than the Qur’aan or equal to it (on these nights), they would have done that all the time or at certain times along with constantly gathering for that occasion.
Thus, this hadeeth illustrates the precedence of studying the Qur’aan during Ramadaan and gathering together for that occasion as well as turning towards one who is more prominent in the memorization of it.
The predecessors of this ummah would recite the Qur’aan constantly during Ramadaan. And when they would fast, they would sit in the masaajid and say: “We will guard our fast and not backbite anyone.”
3. Give of yourself fully. Go beyond what you are called to do. Give of yourself and be a service for everyone in the home. This is the month to give and Allaah will bless you immensely. Go the extra mile to make your family members comfortable so that they can focus on ibaadah. Make your intention to please Allaah and watch how your life will be fulfilled. Whatever you can do to aide the slaves of Allaah in your home then please do. Make it easy on the believers to focus on Allaah and grow in worship.
4. Forgive often. Whatever your husband has done to make you upset or your children. Forgive them and show them mercy. Let go and forgive fully. Forgiveness for the pleasure of Allaah is such a big thing and shows growth and maturity. Sometimes we enter this blessed month with so much anger and hostility. If a sister hurt your feelings, forgive her and show her kindness.
5. Keep your home organized and clean. Ramadhaan is a time where most Muslims want to focus on the words of Allaah. In order to fill your home with the love for Ramadhaan you need to have your home in order. If you do not have your home in order then you will not focus on worship and doing different types of ibaadah. I honestly can't cook in a dirty kitchen. I'm not focused on the people's hunger or the need for food to be fixed. I can't concentrate on that. But when my kitchen is nice and clean then I'm able to cook food and focus providing a tasty meal that I pray will nourish my family and aide them in being better slaves.
6. Increase in acts of worship. Go the extra mile. Pray more. Read Qur'aan more. Give more. Learn more. Do not make your non fasting day the same as your fasting day! You'll regret it big time. And the one thing you don't want to do is leave this Ramadhaan with regrets.
🌸Homemaker. Bullet Journalist. Artist. My joy is helping others, while making things in life look pretty 🌸